Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Week #3- Daily #3- Why do you think so many conspiracy theories surround the pyramids and the megaliths? Give examples of a few and explain where you think they come from.

I think that there are many conspiracy theories surrounding the pyramids and the megaliths because they are a mystery of where they came from. We are just guessing what they mean. For my megaliths presentation, my group had the country, England. I researched some megaliths and I think that the largest stone circle, Avebury, was used for sacrifices to gods. I think it could have also been used for a burial site. The world is just trying to make up conclusions. Another megalith that I researched located in England called the King Stone could have been a marker for a burial mound. It was probably for remembrance of a king and his army. The legend says that all of the stones in that area were once human beings. I also found out about a long barrow called Adam’s Grave. Adam’s Grave was opened by a man named John Thurnam in 1860. Thurnam found three or four incomplete skeletons and an arrowhead, so I think that Adam’s Grave was also a burial chamber. All of these megaliths could be burial sites for different people and different reasons. Discovering human remains in a pyramid is not as much of a mystery to us as finding them near megaliths. Most of our scientists have an idea about the use of pyramids. They were tombs for pharaohs. I think that megaliths and pyramids had a lot to do with the religion that people had in the Old and Middle Kingdom. There are so many conspiracy theories because we do not know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment