Thursday, February 3, 2011

Week #2- Daily #2- You accidentally discover an invention that can immediately help millions of people; but only if you act immediately. On the other hand, if you just wait three months, you can secure a patent and get rich. Which do you choose and why?

If I accidentally discover an invention, I would immediately help millions of people. Helping other people, in my opinion, is better than just securing a patent and becoming rich. Besides, being rich does not always make people happy. It is definitely an option, but I would be happier if I could help a lot of people. I would probably get rich for just discovering the invention anyway, but I guess, in this case, I would not. I think that the world would be a better place from my discovery. Everyone would know who I am, and people would probably thank me for being a hero. If I helped that many people, I could receive the Nobel Peace Prize or something like that because I started the invention. Other poeple could still remake it, but I would have the knowledge of knowing that I was the first person who created it. I would change the world. My discovery could lead to other discoveries, too. With all of the inventions made, a new culture could be formed. The future would finally be here. Helping millions of people could change my life, too. It is very important to help a lot of people. If you are nice to people, then they will treat you the same way. If I helped millions of other people than they would all help me, too. The world would be a better place with people helping each other. Wouldn’t it? If all of the wars, diseases, hunger, and homelessness ended, I would be very happy. I hope that I eventually do end up accidentally discovering an invention, so I can change people’s lives for the better.

1 comment:

  1. I agree,because even though the media shows us that being rich is cool, rich people aren't always happy with their lives. Helping people is better than being rich and selfish, then you receive a bad reputation. If people find out that you could have helped them, they will not be happy with you at all. I think you have good ideas in this blog and a good point of view. If more people had this same thought, then the world would be a better place.

    ReplyDelete