Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Experience in India

       I am an exchange student from the United States, and I am living in Mumbai, Maharashtra in India. I have been staying with Latika Patel and her family. India is an overpopulated country, and Mumbai is the most populous city. Most of the people in India use less electricity and make less money than Americans. In India, I have to walk to school. I am very fortunate to go to a school that teaches in English.  Latika and her friend, Jamal, taught me how to play the sport cricket. Cricket is the most popular sport played in Mumbai. I am getting better at it. I ate pav bhaji and bhelpuri, and I miss American food. Mumbai is a typically hot and dry place. I like going to the beaches in India, and they are close by. I visited Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, which is the headquarters of the railway station. It is a great example of Victorian Gothic architecture. Mumbai is the richest city in India, and I am having a lot of fun here!

http://www.new-delhi.diplo.de/Vertretung/newdelhi/en/06/News/Goettingen__Indian__Studies__Centre.html

Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mumbai_Train_Station.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment